222603, Nesvizh, Sovetskaya str., 1


. (for business correspondence)

Reception phone:

+375 (1770) 5-94-49

Fax reception:

+375 (1770) 5-10-91

Operating mode:

on working days: 8.00 - 17.00, lunch break: 13.00 - 14.00

Telephone «hot line» of the regional executive committee:

+375 (1770) 5-94-49

Single help service telephone number «one window»: 142


The Nesvizh region with the administrative centre in the town of Nesvizh is located in the south-west of the Minsk oblast. The region includes a town of Gorodeya, 115 villages and 13 rural councils. It stretches for 25 km from north to south, 38km from west to east. The region borders on the Korelichi region of the Grodno oblast, the Stolbtsy, Kopyl and Kletsk regions of the Minsk oblast.

The main minerals are peat, as-dug gravels, mortar sands, clay.
The forests cover 11% of the territory of the region, bogs – 0.6%.

The region has “Malevsky” water protection preserve of local importance, which has a lot of rare species of plants, e.g. different species of pines and oaks.

The rivers of Usha, Snovka and Turya (basin of the river Neman), Lan and Tsepra, which makes the basin of the Pripyat, cross the territory of the region.
The agricultural areas total 75.5% of the region.

The regional agriculture specializes in cattle and hog breeding and poultry keeping.

The agricultural companies produce grain crops, feeds, technical crops and potatoes. There are several companies of food, fish, local, peat industries.

The railway and the road Minsk-Brest cross the territory of the region. Many roads connect Nesvizh with the centres of the neighboring regions.

1223 is considered to be the year the town of Nesvish was first mentioned in chronicles. According to the legend some Yuri from Nesvezh took part in the battle with Mongols on the river of Kalka.

The earliest documental mention of the town of Nesvizh goes back to 1446. The Great Duke of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania Casimir IV Jagiellonczyk handed over the town to Nikolay Yan Nemirovich.

In 1551, the Nesvizh archives were given a status equalizing them with the State Archives of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

In 1562, the Nesvizh printing works was founded, where Symon Budny published the first books “Catechism” and “About Sinners Excuse for God” in the Belarusian language on the territory of the modern Belarus.

1582 – The construction of Mir castle started.

1706 – During the Great Northern War, the town of Nesvizh was looted and burnt down by the Swedes.

After the Second Partition of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in 1793 Nesvizh was incorporated into the Russian Empire.

From 1941 till 1944 Nesvizh was occupied by the Nazis.

1981-1990 the Nesvizh palace complex was beautified.

In 1982, Nesvizh inaugurated a Symon Budny monument by sculptor S. Gorbunov.

In 1998, Nesvizh hosted the nationwide harvesting festival Dazhynki ’98.

In 2003 the town of Nesvizh turns 780 years.

In 2004, the restoration of the Nesvizh palace started.

In 2005, the Nesvizh landmarks were inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.

In 2008, Nesvizh celebrates the 785th anniversary.

Last modified on 2015-08-13
Development and support of